Steaming from the Inside Out
Time & Location
About the Event
- Please note: Due to flow of the evening, safety, and keeping a safe and sacred space doors will lock at 2:30 pm. Latecomers will not be able to enter the event so please arrive early or on time.
Steaming From the Inside Out:
Join The Belly Woman (Laura) and Nicole Neely of n-ovative healing in The Red Tent for an herbal steam sauna journey. We will guide you through full body herbal steams and vaginal steams. This is a full body sensory spa experience for women. Laura Durbin ( The Belly Woman) is a wellness practitioner that focuses on helping people heal from gynecological issues, cycle imbalances, postpartum healing and recovery, and chronic pain and conditions using traditional East-Asian bodywork therapies such as abdominal massage, gua sha, full body steams, and vaginal steaming. You can find her in the DMV area facilitating group herbal steam saunas/ educational workshops. Nicole Neely (n-ovative healing founder), is a licensed & nationally certified massage therapist and certified AMTA member. She teaches clients ways to improve posture and lifestyle, deal with pain and high stress, and equips them with skills to lead a pain-free life. Her knowledge encompasses aromatherapy, myofascial release techniques, lymphatic drainage, cupping, trigger point therapy and vaginal steaming. (https://www.n-ovativehealing.com/ )♥
We want to offer a healing community space for women. This is a full body sensory spa experience from a Traditional Thai herbal steam sauna, to self massage, to herbal tea, to handmade traditional medicinal oils, and we are excited to offer vaginal steaming sessions for each woman! Your entire body from the inside out will receive therapeutic herbal steam. If you want to transform your physical, mental, and spiritual health, your menstrual health, and your sexual health in a big way, a nourishing, embodied, sensual, loving way, and in community, than this is for you! We will be journeying deep into our bodies.
How Does a Full Body Herbal Steam Sauna Work?
There will be pots of medicinal boiling herbs inside the sauna tent. The aromatic medicinal herbs are transformed into the subtle medium of steam, opening up the pores and delivering the therapeutic benefit of the herbs into your entire body. This whole body treatment is deeply relaxing and rejuvenating. The sauna combined with the herbs are wonderful for general health, pain relief, cleansing of the skin, soft tissue injuries, detoxification, melting away knots and tension, releasing fascia, fatigue, headaches, colds, respiratory complaints, emotional distress, deep ailment, and postpartum care.
How Does Vaginal Steaming Work?
Each woman will fill out a vaginal steaming intake prior to the event. There will be vaginal steaming stations setup at this event in addition to the full body sauna tent. (picture of sauna box posted) There is a vaginal steaming sauna box that you sit on. Inside the box is a stainless steel pot filled with water + your custom herbal blend for your specific gynecological/ cycle needs. The boiled herbs are placed in the sauna box, you put on a steaming gown, sit over the comfortably warm and relaxing steam, and allow the steam to warm and nourish your hips, vulva, vaginal canal, cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes. Vaginal steaming is wonderful for preventing or resolving infections ( yeast, bv, uti's..), painful sex, vaginal dryness, endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, and STDs. It is wonderful for getting a full uterine cleanse, resolving PMS, clots, or cramps, shortening or lengthening your cycle to 28 to 30 days, or bringing on a missing period. Vaginal steaming is used to regulate the period to 4 days, medium flow, and fresh red blood. It increases fertility, promotes deep sleep, reduces anxiety, and is one of the most important ways that women heal from childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, and gynecological surgeries. It is done for 30 consecutive days after birth to return the body to it's pre-pregnancy state.
What Can I expect?
- To experience a full body herbal sauna and learn how to do this for yourself at home.
- To experience a 10 minute vaginal steaming session, receive a custom steaming plan, and have the option of purchasing your own custom herbal blend or sauna box for at home use.
- Tea will be served.
- Traditional Thai Oils will be available for putting on your body before entering the sauna.
- The opportunity for 2 sauna rounds of 20 minutes each. And 2 rest rounds of 20 minutes each. During one of your rest rounds you will receive your vaginal steaming session. Your other rest round can be used for journaling, stretching, self massage, and rest.
- A sacred space for getting in touch with your body and emotions .
- Connecting in community with other women.
What should I bring?
- Bathing suit (optional)
- 2 towels ( you will sweat a lot!)
- Water Bottle
- Journal and pen
- Warm clothes, scarves, and hats for the journey home
- Mug or travel mug for tea
Full Body Steam Sauna Contraindications:
- High or low blood pressure
- Heart Disease
Vaginal Steaming Contraindications:
- Periods every 2 weeks
- Spontaneous Bleeding
- If you have had your tubes tied, vaginal steaming can break down scar tissue and may cause your birth control to fail. If you have the birth control arm implant (nexplanon) vaginal steaming can cause you to become fertile by clearing out the thickened uterine lining.
- If you are having any fresh red spotting or are on your period, you will have to wait to steam till there is no more fresh blood. If this happens to be you on the day of the event, you will still receive an intake and be given one serving of your custom v-steam herb blend to steam at home with.
- Immediately dry off.
- Shower 6 to 8 hours later to allow the herbs to continue to sink into your skin.
- If you can allow some rest and integration time following this event, your body will thank you
- Go home bundled up with scarves and hats. ♥
Additional Event Details:
- Pictures will be taken at this event.
- Tickets are $100 each.
- 16 tickets available .
- You must pre-purchase a ticket.
- Tickets are non-refundable.